Classes are ending, now the fun can begin!

8-19-10

Yay, my manejo basic classes are coming to an end. Not that I don't want to teach anymore I just feel like I need a break. I learned a lot from this first group and although I may have went overboard with giving 7 classes, I feel like I have learned a tremendous amount of what not to dos and some what to dos as well. For instance, do not offer 7 classes at once, do not start a class without a student aid to teach at the same time, do not offer 2 classes back to back, do not be boring, do not cancel classes so much and do not offer classes for too long. I found my students began to skip classes towards the end and I think its because 1. I cancelled class a lot because of all the PC meetings and junk and 2. Because it started getting boring and 3. The class was going on its 6th week. I thought I went a little fast but I think my students needed a little more motivation. You live and you learn.

Now that classes are over I want to enjoy my patronales, kick start a work out regimen and diet and focus on my encargados group. I want to travel and visit other volunteers sites during the next 2 weeks since nobody will be doing much work because of patronales. I also want to equip myself with all the hot spots to take my visitors. Cabarete, Samana, Punta Cana? Anyone down?

Read Users' Comments (1)comments

1 Response to "Classes are ending, now the fun can begin!"

  1. Unknown, on August 24, 2010 at 3:48 PM said:

    wow! patronales sound like fun Bri!! hope your getting sleep! lol

Post a Comment