Dominican Jokes, Dancing and Sexual Harassment

3/9/10 - 10:12pm

Everyday seems like a productive day here. Today I learned more about Dominican food, sexual harassment, learned how to dance merengue and bachata and got to finally eat sancocho! Pretty good!

Everyone who knows me, knows that I love to dance so dancing with lots of other gringos with no rhythm was hilarious. Not the same non-rhythmic gringos I am used to at home. Haha. Just kidding girls! But the dances were lots of fun and it was probably the first time I perspired or did a real physical activity. It was definitely fun and I can't wait to get good at it. 

I also had a lot of homework that I had to ask the people of my family about and it was probably the first time I actually got to have an in-depth conversation with my hermana and hermano about school and immigration. Pretty deep. Haha. Not really. I am actually really glad they feel like they can communicate with me because of my advanced language skills. It made me smile. For my language class, our teacher said we needed to create a tradition to say a joke everyday before class starts. So I asked my "Don" to tell me jokes to say and I got so many that I do not even understand! Haha. Here's one that I will leave you with for the day:

Al frente de la playa esta un cojo (person with no les), un ciego (blind man), y un soldó (deaf man). El ciego dice "Veo un barco!" El soldó dice "Ay si! Yo lo oigo!" Y dice el cojo, "Callese sin no quiere que le entre la pata!"

Jajaja…:)

Read Users' Comments (2)

2 Response to "Dominican Jokes, Dancing and Sexual Harassment"

  1. Anonymous, on March 11, 2010 at 8:04 AM said:

    HAHAAHAHA Thats a good joke....wait i dont know spanish. Glad your have fun!

  2. Anonymous, on March 15, 2010 at 4:19 AM said:

    It's funny your laugh is even in Spanish. Your such a dork. Lol... I'm glad your have fun:)

Post a Comment