PCV Visit in Janico

03-19-10 12:18pm

So I am at my PCV visit and I am visiting a beautiful small town named Janico which is in the Cibao of the country, which is the central valley. It is very hilly but also very green and very clean compared to the other areas I have seen in this country. Jean is the PCV living here where she works at a liseo (high school) and conducts classes on informatica and english. Her school is pretty much legit. It's very nice and she has a pretty cool group of students that seem motivated to be in class. 

Today we got to see a play performed by "Teatro de mi Tierra," which was so good! It was about drugs and the pressures of a teen growing up trying to be successful. I was very glad to have seen it, I think it has been the best thing I have seen in Janico yet (except for the gorgeous mountain views). Thank God, it is very cool up here. It is even sprinkling a little so I think the weather is perfect up here for me. Plus, Jean's apartment is very cute, she pays cheap rent and she has a dig to keep her company. Good idea. I'm not much of a pet person but I think I may own a pet just to keep me company. 

Seeing Jean's site has made me very nervous but excited at the same time. Nervous because I see how much she tries and I see how much effort she is putting into her assignment and I feel like I really have to be motivated to keep trying to make a change regardless of the people or lack of resources available. Jean really makes it work and she is amazing.

Read Users' Comments (2)

2 Response to "PCV Visit in Janico"

  1. portraitFIASCO, on March 21, 2010 at 5:28 PM said:

    "she has a 'dig' to keep her company"... what the fuck kind of dominican republican animal is a "dig?" does is talk? does it have legs? what does it eat? what does it look like? what is it? i am fascinated by this so called "dig." tell me more about this "dig." how much does it cost for a "dig?" if i wired you money can you send me a "dig." is it a type of pokemon? can you post a photo of the "dig?"

    thanks.

  2. Bri, on March 29, 2010 at 1:57 PM said:

    retard, i meant dog!

Post a Comment