Un Buen Dia!

3/11/10 - 9:42pm

I'm glad to say that today was a good day. I finally feel "at home" because I got to run around my neighborhood. Yes! You have no idea how happy I was to finally be doing something that I usually do at home. There were a lot of people jokingly running with me or telling me to run faster but I was very happy to be running even though it was like 98 degrees outside. I was definitely sharpening my saw (for all you yapsters!). I even set up a date with the little girls in my neighborhood to get a reggaeton and merengue dance lesson on Saturday that I am sooooo excited for. Also today I got to play dominoes at school. You all know I am competitive so it was so much fun to play some games and learn new tricks. By the end of my trip I will be the queen of dominoes! You can count on that! 

Also I got to talk to my family from home on skype. Thats always a treat. I have been finding more and more time online during the hours of 430pm to 530pm MY time (CA is 4 hours behind). So if any of you want to talk to me "en vivo" find me on skype or we can chat via facebook during those hours. For CA that means during the hours of 1230pm to 130pm. Any other hours I have to pay for the Internet so I try to use up my time with free Internet at school up as much as I can. The only thing is that all the other 39 volunteers are doing the same thing so our Internet connection is ridiculously slow. I need to just splurge the 20 pesos al hora to use fast Internet at the corner Internet-cafe. I finally splurged on a pineapple and cut it up tonight to enjoy tomorrow. It's pretty much the most important thing I am looking forward to tomorrow. Haha. I can;t wait!

Also my bday is on Sunday and so far I have plans to go on a tour of the city more and also to go to church with my familia. I am trying not to make a big deal of it just because everyone is so new but I may treat myself to try out the Presidente beers. One won't hurt in celebration of my 24 years. Wow. 24. Yikes I may need 2. Hahaha.

Read Users' Comments (2)

2 Response to "Un Buen Dia!"

  1. Francis, on March 14, 2010 at 2:44 PM said:

    Hey HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope youre having fun today. Take Care.

  2. portraitFIASCO, on March 14, 2010 at 5:37 PM said:

    happy birthday pretty lady. presidentesssssssssssssssssss!!!!!! by the way smuggle some on the way back. hope your familia knows you like cup cake shaped cakes. & your hermana better have got you something bad ass for your bday, like... some bottled water, FILTERED, hot water, jamba juice, chipotle, or a pazookie.

Post a Comment